The “Society for Social Innovation and Development” ( SSID), a not-for-profit social organization registered under Societies Registration Act 1860 in Maharashtra state, Pune ( India), vide Reg.No.Mah.482 / 2015 /Pune, is founded by Subhash Katte, a Social Entrepreneur, CEO, SSID and Former Principal Technical Officer of CSIR-NCL, Pune and his dedicated Team of resourceful professional Volunteers, with an initiative to empower knowledge, innovation, skills to Excel in life and thus provide livelihood opportunities for deserving rural disadvantaged population.
The main focus of SSID is to contribute in improving the quality of education. Facilitate in imparting life skills, vocational skills, knowledge management skills and inculcate science & technology, innovation culture among the students at an early age in schools and colleges. SSID will provide appropriate enhanced teachers training and development solutions and facilitate in development of skills in logic, attitude, creativity, memory, imagination in their thinking & learning process for integrated human resource development.
The SSID has planned series of such within-school and after-school Outreach program modules -Beyond the Classroom with an innovative BOOST (Best of -Out -Of -School -Time) Learning approach to facilitate and implement in academic institutions and NGO’s in partnership mode initially in rural parts of Maharashtra with focus on knowledge advancement initiatives:
SSID is 80G Certified / Registered Trust vide Reg. No.F-48118 / Pune /2017 .
Donation made to SSID are eligible to avail Income Tax exemption benefit under section 80G of Income Tax Act, 1961 vide Order No.PN/CIT (Exempt) Tech /80 G /539 /2016-17/830 dated 18/05/2016.
Knowledge Advancement and Skills Development
- To inspire, motivate and promote skill based knowledge driven literacy with innovative educational, training modules supported by counselling and guidance services for academic, development, soft & communication skills and personality enrichment of participating students & youth. Life-skills and career awareness -aspiration generating programme to enable children dream and pursue their passion by giving them exposure and experiences in multiple fields of interest and helps the students in understanding self-strength & capability, expand it and create self-interest, passion to map the career path knowingly and help to develop a skills eco-system in rural & semi-urban areas.
Facilitate Smart Solutions of E-learning Technology
- use of Computer & digital technology in learning and teaching as effective and simplified tools to understand subjects like science, mathematics, technology, computer and innovation including languages. To facilitate in organising trainings in innovative skill development, knowledge advancement techniques using BOOST (Best of-Out-Of-School Time) after-school-learning programs and help in amplifying minds of deserving rural students and youth to excel.
Teachers Training and Institutional Development for Capacity Building
- The central objective of the program is to create empowered teachers, with a strong sense of self, commitment to teaching, therefore leading to holistic development of both the teacher and the teaching-learning process and facilitate in creating advanced state-of-the art facilities in the school.
Advocacy: Innovation Awareness Drive
- To foster knowledge of innovation and promote innovation culture by establishing Innovation clubs / incubation Centres and facilitate in creating knowledge network in secondary schools and college campus to inculcate process of innovation among the students at early age to participate in innovation movement and tune innovative ideas of youths to take forward in incubation mode.
Entrepreneurship Development & Technology Innovation
- Facilitate in EDP, Technology identification, sourcing & applications of relevant, affordable and scalable technologies , innovative models to create employability and entrepreneurships for inclusive growth in the rural areas.( e.g Clean filtered Drinking Water, use of solar and bio Energy, sanitation, improved IT applications, food-Agro based processing techniques and health care products and services etc;).
Knowledge Networking and Information Dissemination
- To create awareness in relevant areas of planning and growth – for individual, group and community from rural population through specially organized Outreach inspiring sessions, events or lectures by eminent personalities, programs, workshops, exhibitions, Edu-tech Fairs, job fairs, scientific industrial and innovation trips, campaigns etc; as a part of knowledge sharing services.
The “Society for Social Innovation and Development”( SSID) seeks to achieve a better tomorrow for disadvantaged population through the medium of Edu-Tech social innovation solutions and unleash the power of knowledge that is inaccessible to major rural and semi-urban mass.
To take forward SSID’s educational innovative programs in rural and semi-urban areas interested institutions may contact SSID on email : firstname.lastname@example.org.